Est. 07.07

{i.am.fairly.certain.that.if.given.a.cape.and.a.nice.tiara.I.could. save.the.world...}
_______________________________________________________

Monday, September 22, 2008

Choices

So, this one happened a while back during my blog hiatus, but I think it bears posting!

I try to give Meg choices whenever I can to help with discipline problems. One day, while we were having a particularly challenging moment, I gave her a set of choices, neither of which were particularly appealing to her. She replied (quite honestly with a very sassy finger in my face (an issue we dealt with later) but also with, "Momma, quit choicing me!"

On another occasion at dinner, I was trying to figure out what Ben needed. Knowing that he can sign both "more" and "all done," I was asking me to tell me if he needed more to eat or if he was finished. He continued to babble on and on, but wouldn't give me a sign either way. From across the table and under her breath, Meg told him, "that wasn't one of your choices, Benny!"

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

What a fun free spirit! I love it. Meg and I need to spend more time together. She is a crack up with spunk!